The MLB.com College Challenge is an annual iSchool event that challenges iSchool and all Syracuse University students to see if they have what it takes to make it in the Big Leagues!
The contest invites current students to tackle real-world problems in the sports-tech industry and pitch their ideas to current MLB.com employees - who are also Syracuse alums.
The event includes dinner at the Carrier Dome’s Club 44 followed by an all-night hack-a-thon event where teams work on their product and their pitch. The next evening, teams pitch their creative ideas to a panel of MLB and Syracuse judges. After careful deliberation by the judges, the MLB.com College Challenge winner is crowned to win a grand prize trip to NYC!
Students will be able to:
- Apply their coursework to a real business issue (all levels and skill sets welcome)
- Innovate solutions for one of the best website and online media companies in the world
- Develop their professional presentation capabilities
- Receive feedback from a distinguished panel of sports media and technology professionals
- Network with and showcase their talents to a prospective employer, current faculty, iSchool staff and other like-minded students
Established in June 2000 following a unanimous vote by the 30 Major League Baseball club owners to centralize all of Baseball’s Internet operations, MLB Advanced Media LP (MLBAM) is the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball. MLBAM manages the official league site,www.MLB.com, and each of the 30 individual club sites to create the most comprehensive Major League Baseball resource on the Internet.
MLB.com offers fans the most complete baseball information and interactivity on the web, including up-to-date statistics, game previews and summaries, extensive historical information, online ticket sales, baseball merchandise, authenticated memorabilia and collectibles, fantasy games, live full-game video webcasts and on-demand highlights, live and archived audio broadcasts of every game, Gameday pitch-by-pitch application, around-the-clock hosted and specialty video programming and complete blogging capabilities. MLB.com offers more live events on the Internet than any other web site in the world.