Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies (iSchool) is the original academic partner with the National Defense University’s College of Information and Cyberspace (CIC) – formerly the Information Resources Management College or iCollege.
Through this partnership, which has existed since 1998, the iSchool offers graduates of selected CIC certificate programs enrollment in our executive master’s degree or professional doctorate program with advanced standing.
Normal university graduate school application procedures and admissions criteria still apply, with the exception that the GRE is not required and application fees are waived.
Transfer Credits: M.S. in Information Management
The NDU partnership provides transfer credit into the 42 credit-hour M.S. in Information Management program. NDU graduates with considerable experience in the field qualify for the M.S. in Information Management for Executive-Status Students, a 30 credit-hour program. Both programs are available on campus and online. The current iSchool / CIC agreement provides:
9 credits for students who complete one of the following programs:
- Cyber-Security 4011 Certificate or both the Cyber-Security 4011 and 4012 Certificates
- Architect Certificate within the Enterprise Architecture (EA) Program
12 credits for students who complete one of the following programs or program combination:
- Chief lnformation Security Officer (CISO) Certificate within the Cyber-S Program
- Cyber-L Certificate
- Chief Information Officer Certificate (stand-alone or as part of the CIO Leadership Development Program)
- The Chief Financial Officer Certificate
- The IT Program Management (ITPM) Certificate
15 credits for students who complete one of the following programs or program combination:
- Both the Architect Certificate and the Enterprise Architecture Certificate within the Enterprise Architecture (EA) Program.