iSchool Road Trip: Washington, D.C.Save the date for another Spring 2018 Road Trip - April 5 and 6 - to explore policy issues in Washington, D.C. Details and application will be available mid-semester.
What are the iSchool Road Trips?
iSchool Road Trips for undergraduate students are eye-opening activities that provide an introduction to how technology intersects with a particular business industry. Students travel by coach bus to nearby cities, like New York City, Boston, Rochester, Buffalo, and Washington, D.C., and visit a range of companies to bridge their learning from the classroom to the real world.
Past Road Trips
- Spring 2017 - Boston, MA - Healthcare and Technology
- Spring 2017 - Rochester, NY - Hometown Road Trip
- Fall 2016 - New York City - Technology in Sports
- Spring 2016 - New York City - Travel & Hospitality
- Spring 2016 - Buffalo, NY - Sports, Food, and Culture
- Fall 2015 - New York City - Finance and Consulting
- Spring 2015 - Washington, DC - Policy, Politics, and Public Service
- Fall 2014 - New York City - Retail 2.0
- Spring 2014 - New York City - Media and Entertainment
- Fall 2013 - Boston, MA - Entrepreneurship
- Spring 2013 - Buffalo, NY - Explore Upstate and Sports
- Spring 2013 - New York City - Sports
- Spring 2012 - New York City - Sports and Media
- Fall 2012 - New York City - Retail
After their Road Trips, many student participants chronicled their experiences through blog posts and stories.
- Road Trip Reports - Finance & Consulting (Oct. 2015)
- An Inside Look at Digital Retail Companies (Oct. 2014)
- iSchool Road Trip: A Student’s Perspective (Oct. 2013)
- Buffalo Sports Roadtrip: An Engaging Journey (Jan. 2013)
- Retail Road Trip: An Eye-Opening Experience (Oct. 2012)
- Road Trip Takeaways and Life Lessons (Feb. 2012)
Support Road Trips
Please help us continue to provide Road Trips for our students. Your gift can help an iSchool student envision their future in technology!