What are the iSchool Road Trips?
iSchool Road Trips for undergraduate students are eye-opening activities that provide an introduction to how technology intersects with a particular business industry. Students travel by coach bus to nearby cities, like New York City, Boston, Rochester, Buffalo, and Washington, D.C., and visit a range of companies to bridge their learning from the classroom to the real world.
Past Road Trips
- Spring 2018 - Washington, D.C. - Tech in Policy, Politics, and Public Service
- Spring 2018 - Syracuse, NY - Hometown Road Trip
- Fall 2017 - New York City - Media and Entertainment
- Spring 2017 - Boston, MA - Healthcare and Technology
- Spring 2017 - Rochester, NY - Hometown Road Trip
- Fall 2016 - New York City - Technology in Sports
- Spring 2016 - New York City - Travel & Hospitality
- Spring 2016 - Buffalo, NY - Sports, Food, and Culture
- Fall 2015 - New York City - Finance and Consulting
- Spring 2015 - Washington, D.C. - Tech in Policy, Politics, and Public Service
- Fall 2014 - New York City - Retail 2.0
- Spring 2014 - New York City - Media and Entertainment
- Fall 2013 - Boston, MA - Entrepreneurship
- Spring 2013 - Buffalo, NY - Explore Upstate and Sports
- Spring 2013 - New York City - Sports
- Spring 2012 - New York City - Sports and Media
- Fall 2012 - New York City - Retail
After their Road Trips, many student participants chronicled their experiences through blog posts and stories.
- Syracuse Hometown Road Trip (March 2018)
- Recapping the 2017 iSchool Road Trip (November 2017)
- The Rochester Road Trip (February 2017)
- Finding Career Clarity on the Buffalo Road Trip (March 2016)
- Retail Roadtrip: An Inside Look at Digital Retail Companies (October 2014)
Support Road Trips
Please help us continue to provide Road Trips for our students. Your gift can help an iSchool student envision their future in technology!