Dr. Joon S. Park is a Professor at the School of Information Studies (iSchool), Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, USA. Over the past decades Prof. Park has been involved with theoretical/practical research, education, and services in information and systems security. He served as the founding director of the Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in Information Security Management (ISM) at the Syracuse iSchool. He is Syracuse University’s Point of Contact (POC) for the Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense programs, which are designated by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Dr. Park received the Jeffrey Katzer Undergraduate Professor of the Year (2021) award from the Syracuse iSchool.
Research and education in cybersecurity.
Ten Selected Publications
- Tariqul Islam, Kamrul Hasan, Saheb Singh and Joon Park. A Secure and Decentralized Auditing Scheme for Cloud Ensuring Data Integrity and Fairness in Auditing. In Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Cyber Security and Cloud Computing (CSCloud), Xi’an, China, June 25-27, 2022. Best Paper Award.
- Nata Barbosa, Yang Wang, and Joon S. Park. Predicting Personalized Privacy Preferences in the Smart Home with Machine Learning. In Proceedings of the Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium (PETS), Stockholm, Sweden, July 16-20, 2019.
- Tyson Brooks, Charles Shoniregun, and Joon S. Park. Cyber-Assurance Through Embedded Security for the Internet of Things (IoT). Instituting Cyber-Assurance: Information Assurance for the Internet of Things, Wiley-IEEE, 2016.
- Joon S. Park, Kevin A. Kwiat, Charles A. Kamhoua, Jonathan White, and Sookyung Kim. Trusted Online Social Network (OSN) Services with Optimal Data Management. Computers & Security, Volume 42, pages 116-136, May 2014.
- Joon S. Park, Pratheep Chandramohan, Avinash T. Suresh, Joseph Giordano, and Kevin Kwiat. Component Survivability for Mission-Critical Distributed Systems. Special Issue on Cloud and Pervasive Computing, Journal of Supercomputing, 66(3):1390-1417, 2013.
- Jonathan White, Joon S. Park, Charles A. Kamhoua, and Kevin A. Kwiat. Game Theoretic Attack Analysis in Online Social Network (OSN) Services. In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Foundations of Open Source Intelligence and Security Informatics (FOSINT-SI), Niagara, New York, August 25-28, 2013. Best Paper Award.
- Charles Kamhoua, Kevin Kwiat, and Joon S. Park. Surviving in Cyberspace: A Game Theoretic Approach. Journal of Communications, 7(6):436-450, 2012.
- Joon S. Park, Gaeil An, and Ivy Liu. Active Access Control with Fine-Granularity and Scalability. Security and Communication Networks, 4(10):1114-1129, 2011.
- Joon S. Park and Derrick Dicoi. WLAN security: Current and Future. IEEE Internet Computing, 7(5):60–65, September/October 2003.
- Joon S. Park, Ravi Sandhu, and Gail-Joon Ahn. Role-based Access Control on the Web. ACM Transactions on Information and System Security (TISSEC), 4(1):37–71, 2001.