Jason Dedrick is a Professor in the School of Information Studies at Syracuse University. He also is a Faculty Fellow at the Syracuse Center of Excellence. His research interests include the globalization of information technology, the economic and organizational impacts of IT, the offshoring of knowledge work, global value chains in the IT and wind energy industries, adoption of smart grid technologies by electric utility companies, and privacy issues related to smart meters. He is Principal Investigator on grants from the National Science Foundation and the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. Professor Dedrick holds a Ph.D. in Management from the University of California, Irvine, and a Masters in Pacific International Affairs from the University of California, San Diego.
- Smart grid adoption by electric utilities
- Privacy issues and smart meters
- Economic impacts and job creation in the wind energy industry
- Global value chains in the electronics industry
- Globalization of knowledge work
- Economic and organizational impacts of IT
View Experts@Syracuse Profile