The widely popular camera company GoPro has extended its HD videocamera family with the smallest and most powerful camera yet–the Hero4 Session.
The new cubical camera is smaller than any of its predecessors, only reaching 1.5 inches on each side. While the camera is almost half as small as the other cameras in the GoPro family, the Hero4 Session still delivers 1080p, 60 frames-per- second video as well as 8 megapixel photos, and 10 photo burst mode and a time lapse mode that will make any sunset look as good as seeing it in real life.
It’s durable, waterproof, compatible with the GoPro app and GoPro Smart Remote and all other GoPro mounts on the market.
So What’s New?
1. There’s a built-in battery. Record up to 2 hours of video on a single charge. When the battery is dead, simply plug it in to a GoPro wall charger or charge from your computer with the included USB charger.
2. It features a dual mic system. On the camera, there is a microphone in both the front and the back that switches back and forth to capture the absolute best quality audio for your video.
3. The Hero4 Session features SuperView, which is a GoPro exclusive video mode that captures the world’s most immersive super wide-angle field of view. It allows you to capture more of your surroundings in your video.
4. A simple one-control button on top of the camera allows for easier control. One press and the camera is turned on and begins recording video. A second press stops the video and powers off the camera. It’s that simple!
5. Auto-adjustment. Whether the camera is upside-down or right-side up, the image will automatically adjust the video orientation so you don’t have to worry about figuring out how to rotate your video in post production.
Overall, the Hero4 Session looks like a solid addition to the GoPro family with the cost of the camera coming in under the cost of some of the other cameras in the line. The Hero4 Session costs $399.99 and is available for purchase starting July 12.
What do you think about the new GoPro camera? Could you see yourself purchasing one? Let me know on Twitter! @NatalieWiesnet