The iSchool Experience – Online.
Since 1993, the Syracuse University iSchool has been offering high-quality graduate-level online learning opportunities to students around the world. Our online students represent a broad range of professional, cultural, and academic experiences.
Same Faculty, Classes, and Degree – Different Delivery.
Our online classes are the same ones offered to campus students, and are taught by the same iSchool faculty. And when online students graduate, they receive the same degree as our campus students. The only difference between the the online and campus programs is the way in which they’re delivered.
Access to iSchool Resources – And More.
The iSchool has delivered online programs for decades, so we know how to fully support our online students with the resources they need – whether it’s what classes to take, making sure you graduate with the right experience, and even getting a job after graduation.
iSchool online students have full and direct access to academic advising support and career services just like our campus students.
The iSchool partners with education technology company 2U to deliver our online degree programs for the MS in Applied Data Science, the MS in Information Management, the MS in Library and Information Science, the MS in Library and Information Science with School Media Specialization.
All of our online programs feature:
- Online Student Immersions. A weekend Immersion experience at Syracuse University will replace our week-long Summer Residency. Online students will be able to choose from three different weekends to immerse themselves in the campus iSchool culture and learn from the iSchool community in person.
- Your own virtual campus. This will be your online hub to access and manage your coursework, enter live classes, view grades, keep track of your iSchool contacts – and more.
- A combination of synchronous and asynchronous work. Our online classes will include weekly, face-to-face, live classes to create an engaging and exciting learning environment.
- A quarterly structure. iSchool online classes will be offered in 4 12-week quarters, which includes 11 weeks of live online classes, throughout the year.
- A mobile application. We understand that our online students are busy – so we will have our online classes available to you on-the-go.
Finally, our iSchool's online students are a part of the extensive iSchool network of alumni and friends, which is invaluable to students and alumni throughout their professional development.
Our Online Program Offerings
MS in Applied Data Science
The online MS in Applied Data Science program allows students to build practical analytical and technical skills that they can apply to analytical concepts, allowing them to gain insight from small and large datasets.
MS in Information Management online students also have the ability to obtain a Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in Information Security Management.
MS in Information Management
The online MS in Information Management program teaches you to approach challenges with strategic vision, while ensuring that technology solutions integrate with organizational goals.
MS in Information Management online students also have the ability to obtain a Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in Data Science and Information Security Management.
MS in Library and Information Science
The online MS in Library and Information Science program is accredited by the American Library Association and prepares you for a career as a librarian in a broad range of settings, including academic institutions, public libraries, corporations, government agencies, and cultural institutions.
MS in Library and Information Science students also have the ability to obtain a Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in Data Science.
MS in Library and Information Science with School Media specialization
Accredited by the American Library Association and fulfilling a pathway to New York Department of Education certification requirements, the School Media specialization within the MS in Library and Information Science program focuses on teaching you the skills to instruct children in grades pre-K through 12 in all areas of literacy and technology fluency.