The “first week” of my internship was not really my first week. I have been working on starting my own business for a little over two years.

My internship blog this summer will be covering my entrepreneurial journey. I will work full time and coordinate with my remote team to with the goal to launch our startup on campus this fall.

Back to Business

This was my first week back to business after being in Israel for 10 days. I went full-throttle, making sure the entire team was organized and prepared for this summer. This week was successful in that and I was able to coordinate everyone to make sure we are on the same page.

As the summer progresses, the entire team and I especially will have lots of room for growth, but we want to focus on communication, productivity, and transparency. These areas are extremely important in making sure we hit all the milestones we need to launch on time and so we can have the highest quality launch we possibly can.

We have one ultimate goal this summer: to have a successful launch on Syracuse University’s campus. Success is a broad term which people can define in different ways. For us, we have pre-determined milestones and numbers we need to hit for us to consider ourselves a success for our own standards.

Balancing an Entrepreneurial Life

I live outside of Washington D.C., but this summer I will be in my hometown, Philadelphia. This will make it easier to be near my girlfriend, friends, and family, and focus on my business.

I am dedicating this summer to prepare for launch and do everything necessary to make it a success (#thegrinddontstop). Outside of working on my startup, I want to spend time with my girlfriend, stay connected with my Philly friends and fam, and go on spontaneous adventures to stay on my feet!

[cta_widget block=”cta-imt-a”]

The Ups and Downs of Starting a Business

Over the past couple years of working on this project, I have learned countless lessons. I look forward to sharing many of them here over the course of the summer.

The first one: In business, just like in life, there are always ups and downs. The ups can at times be hard to come by and the downs can feel overwhelming. Overcoming those downs will make every one of those up moments more special. Never take either for granted and make sure to use every low as a lesson on how to improve yourself.

The iSchool has done an incredible amount to help me throughout my journey. I am very thankful for everything they have done from the hands-on faculty to the immersion experiences. One of the most important things I have learned through the iSchool is to always put yourself out there to new people (and old). As my mother has always said, “It isn’t what you know, it is who you know.” If it wasn’t for who I have met while at school, I would not have been able to put myself and company it is in the position we are in now.

Thank you for reading! I promise to let you in on what we are working on as the summer progresses. I hope you will keep up with my journey throughout the summer and I will talk to you soon.