Syracuse University students, this is an opportunity for you, regardless of status or major.
About Information Space
- We’ve been publishing posts by mostly students, but also by faculty, staff, alumni and friends on topics in the Information field, Monday through Friday, year-round, since September 2011.
- We’ve had student bloggers hired into full-time positions and internships, based (at least in part) on their work on Information Space.
- Information Space had more than 1 million page views in 2013 and 2014
- Some of our most popular posts have had upwards of 100,000 page views each.
If a great breadth of potential topics combined with the chance to have your voice heard by a growing audience is appealing, please consider becoming an Information Space blogger.
We are HIRING bloggers (and video producers)…which means you will be paid per post. It won’t make you rich, but we do recognize the time and effort our bloggers put into their work.
Qualifications for Bloggers
- Current Syracuse University student (grad, undergrad, campus or distance – all are eligible to apply)
- Some knowledge of WordPress or other blogging software
- Ability to write interesting, useful, informative posts or produce videos of the same quality
- Ability to shoot, and/or select and edit appropriate images for your posts
- Ability to commit to two posts or two brief videos per month. More are welcome, but we need a minimum of two per month.
- Ability to attend meetings or workshops from time to time (flexible schedule)
What’s In It For You?
Beyond the $20 per post you will be paid as a blogger, you have the opportunity to:
- Build your personal and professional brand by blogging on topics in your field of study/career interest
- Get quality Google search results associated with your name
- Become more visible to employers and recruiters by having your work shared on a variety of social platforms
How to Apply
If you’re interested (and we hope you are), please submit:
- Links to your social profiles: Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Writing sample or two. A link to your blog or other online articles you have written would be sufficient.
- Video sample, if available. We’re interested in including more video in our blog posts.
- Your topic of interest (examples): Social Media, Mobile Technology, Startups/Entrepreneurship/Innovation, Information Security, Libraries and Digital Information, Big Data/Data Science, IT Careers/Job Search/Networking, Information Policy, Gadgets, Apps…you get the picture.
- Year in school and major
- Answer this question: What is your favorite InfoSpace post, and why?
Please submit the above to me at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 20. I will take a look at all of the submissions and contact you by Friday, September 27.
Tweet me if you have any questions. We look forward to welcoming you to our team!