Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies (iSchool) offers a range of opportunities for professional growth designed to fit your employee’s needs and schedules.
Choosing our programs enables your employees to:
- Utilize the latest trends and strategies in the management of information resources.
- Learn about emerging technologies—cloud computing solutions, customer service via social media, new enterprise solutions.
- Keep current with changes in key business area including data analytics, information security and enterprise systems.
iSchoolEmployer Relations and Career Services welcomes the opportunity to partner with you in multiple ways, including: internships, full-time recruiting, and coordinating opportunities for you to share your experiences and professional insights through classroom visits, guest lectures, and collaboration on curriculum.
For more information, please contact Sarah Weber (email@example.com).
Certificates of Advanced Study (CAS)
These 15–21 credit hour programs focus on specialized skills and offer exceptional quality, convenience and value.
- Taught by the same faculty who guide our master’s and doctoral students
- Available online as distance-format courses
- Credits are transferable into master’s programs.
Master's Degree Programs
The iSchool's master's programs range from 30–42 credit hours in length and focus on specialized areas of information science including information management, telecommunications and networking, and library science.
- Taught by a "faculty of one" who guide our certificate, master’s and doctoral students and our online and on-campus students
- Available online as distance-format courses.
- Specializations available as Certificates of Advanced Study, often wiithout additional coursework
Programs for Professionals and Organizations
The iSchool has over 20 years of experience in delivering high-quality distance education. Whether it be online, in Syracuse or at the University’s offices in New York City or Washington, D.C., the iSchool has successfully delivered quality education to professionals all over the nation—and the world. There are currently many U.S. Army officers deployed in the Middle East in our online graduate courses. Our experience in online collaboration opens access to education from our world-renowned faculty.
Many organizations struggle with continually updating training and education programs in this quickly evolving world of technology with ever-expanding information resources. The iSchool has the faculty and technological expertise to offer programs customized to a given organization that can be delivered in person or online.
The faculty and staff of the iSchool have wide expertise in conducting brief residencies both on campus and at Syracuse University’s network of remote locations.
It is also possible to enroll a full cohort of employees in an existing course, reserved solely for employees of your organization with customization, such as a choice of project activities and writing assignments. Employees can take single courses without the need for matriculation into a formal program and yet still have the flexibility of counting the credits toward a future degree or certificate program.
For further information about customized programs, please contact:
Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management and Special Academic Program Initiatives