GoinGlobal is an online careers portal offering Syracuse University students access to a variety of resources for jobs, internships, and employment. It also includes information for international students including visa regulations and other tips and tricks.
The portal provides:
- 42 Country Career Guides
- 47 City Career Guides for the United States and Canada
- Work permit/visa regulations for world-wide locations
- H1B employer listings in the US
- Corporate profiles
- Business resources
- Resume/CV writing guidelines and examples
- Interview advice
- Cultural advice
- Worldwide job and internship postings
How to Access GoinGlobal
You can access GoinGlobal from Handshake
- Click on Career Center – Resources
- You should see a GoinGlobal link
- Click GoinGlobal Country Career Guides
The GoinGlobal database contains state, metro and US-wide H-1B records gathered directly from the US Department of Labor (DOL), the government agency responsible for all H-1B submissions. Once a year, DOL makes available a listing of all companies who have submitted H-1B visa applications for the prior 12 months, from September to October. The records contained in GoinGlobal’s database are the most recent records available.
The GoinGlobal USA City Career Guide collection contains listings of the companies who have submitted the largest number of applications for specific metro areas and all 50 states. Records can be sorted by company or number of applications submitted.
The H1-B Plus database contains all 400,000-plus DOL H-1B records and allows for searches based on: industry, job title, company, location, wage and number or applications.
USA City Career Guides
Explore career and employment opportunities in the largest cities across the USA! The GoinGlobal USA City Career Guide collection contains listings of the companies who have submitted the largest number of applications for specific metro areas and all 50 states. Records can be sorted by company or number of applications submitted.
Resources include: business and networking groups, job search resources, cost of living data and more. H-1B employer listings are included in each City Guide, as well as a state-by-state roster.
Global Career Guides
Updated continually, GoinGlobal career guides are the ultimate international job seeker’s guide!
This massive research tool contains more than 10,000 resources for finding employment at home and abroad. Developed by a worldwide team of career specialists, each country covers:
- Job search resources
- Employment opportunities and trends
- Industry-specific trade and professional
- Business resources and networking groups
- Work permits and visa regulations
- Cost of living and compensation information
- Resume/CV writing guidelines
- Cultural and interviewing advice
- Embassy listings
Global Key Employer Directory
The Global Key Employer Directory contains corporate listings of leading local and multinational employers in 31 countries around the globe! Over 25,000 listings have been specially selected to reflect companies where professional opportunities are more likely to be available. Company information includes:
- Full official name of the company
- Type of company
- Description of company activities
- Number of employees
- Latest financial figures available (sales, etc)
- Names of company officers
- NAICS category (North American Industry Classification System)
- Mailing address
- Telephone, fax, website
Job & Internship Listings
The Job & Internship Listings contain more than 10,000 international job openings and internship positions - with 5000 listings in cities across the United States. Search worldwide by industry, country, or keyword. Features postings from Global 500 companies.