The Syracuse University School of Information Studies will host a 2010 Homecoming Alumni Panel from 3 to 4 p.m. on Friday, October 15 in 111 Hinds Hall. A reception will follow in the ground floor social lounge. The event is part of the four-day long, campus-wide Orange Central homecoming celebration.
“We are fortunate to have so many enthusiastic and successful alumni who want to return to campus and share their experience with current students,” said Barbara Settel, director of alumni relations and annual giving. “The panel is an ideal opportunity for students to make personal connections with alumni who can definitely give them an edge in landing a job after graduation.”
- Siddhartha Paliwal MS '07, Senior Data Analyst, Fidelity Investments, Boston, Mass.
- Greg Macgowan MLS '95, Knowledge Base Librarian, McKesson Health Solutions, Newton, Mass.
- Vernetta Marquis MS '05, Information Technology Analyst, U.S. Government Accountability Office, Washington, D.C.
- Bence Oliver BS '95, Director of Operations, eBay Inc., San Jose, Calif.
- Kisha Turpin BS '97, Consulting Service Manager, SAI Global, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Other highlights of the weekend for alumni include a celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the 60th anniversary of Hillel at Syracuse University, presentation of the George Arents Awards, the annual Orange Circle Bash, and an NBA Preseason Game (Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Detroit Pistons).
Special events and programming for students range from SU Idol, Slice of Orange Days, Battle of the Bands, Greek House Decorating Contest, Dance Showcase, and a home football game against Pittsburgh. For more info, check out: http://syr.orgsync.com/homecoming.
For more details about the weekend or to register, visit http://www.syr.edu/alumni/events/orangecentral/.