The Enrollment Management team at the School of Information Studies (iSchool) has released the schedule for their spring semester webinar series.
“These hour-long live videocasts led by faculty cover a variety of topics related to the information field that are geared toward people from a number of backgrounds,” explained Erin Bartolo, graduate recruitment manager at the iSchool. “And this semester, our series features its first alumni host, Ilona Koti.”
- The spring series begins on February 17 with associate professor Carsten Oesterlund examining crowdsourcing and other ways that new information systems impact the way people work.
- On March 10, associate professor Jenny Stromer-Galley will discuss social media data in the presidential election.
- Assistant professor Jeff Hemsley looks at what makes content go viral on the Internet in April’s webinar, scheduled for April 12.
- iSchool alumna Ilona Koti hosts the webinar on May 4, offering a review of information governance roles as well as examining records management best practices.
- In June, the webinar series wraps up for the semester with assistant professor Bryan Semaan looking at the use of information and communications technology during crisis situations. This webinar is scheduled for June 21
More information on these webinars, including recordings of previous episodes and registration details, is available on the webinars web page.
The Enrollment Management team is also looking to identify iSchool alumni with an interest in hosting future webinar topics. To express interest please contact Erin Bartolo by emailing email@example.com or calling (315) 443-3777.