iSchool students have the skills to collect, assess, secure, and visualize information to increase productivity and solve problems. They recognize needs, develop smart solutions, and push the envelope.
For information about engaging with the iSchool, contact Sarah Weber, the iSchool's director of employer relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formal presentations allow you to provide students with an overview of your company, opportunities within, and your recruiting process.
Build Your Brand and Advertise
- Create an employer account in our campus-wide employer relations database, OrangeLink
- Register with the iSchool’s Office of Employer Relations
- Connect directly with our students in a variety of ways including job postings, office hours, and on-campus interviews
Join iSchool courses to share your expertise and show students the real-world application of their academic coursework.
- Interact with students throughout the day in our main lobby to create brand awareness
- Provide students with the opportunity to learn about your company and engage with you in a relaxed setting
Clubs and Organizations
Meet with more than 15 recognized iSchool student groups that uniquely support the needs and interests of our students. The student organizations host corporate guests to speak on a variety of topics, including career preparation and industry trends.
Connect and engage with our students remotely
Leverage platforms including Skype and Adobe Connect to host activities, including distance information sessions, interviews, and office hours
Participate in experiential learning opportunities
Host students at your company site for tours, Information sessions, and presentations for one of our experiential learning opportunities.
Full time positions
Whether to fill an immediate hiring need or to build a pipeline of iSchool students to your company, we will connect you to the diverse talent within the iSchool and meet your need for information professionals.
The iSchool values the importance of real world, hands-on experience. To ensure a well-rounded education for our students, they are eligible to complete and receive internship credit for qualified work experiences. By hiring an intern, you get the fresh perspective of a dedicated student to work on a range of projects and are enabled to build a pipeline of future talent for your organization.
Host, Present, Collaborate
The iSchool collaborates with our industry partners to develop and enhance innovative experiences that enrich students’ academic careers with real-world endeavors to prepare them for the workforce.
By aligning subject matter experts from industry with course topics, students have the opportunity to see how their classroom skillsets solve real-world problems and academic programs translate into a career.
Share your expertise and experience with the iSchool community. Visit us in the classroom as a guest lecturer or as a featured presenter to the school.
Industry Engagement Opportunities
Major League Baseball’s Advanced Media division (MLB.com) and the iSchool team up to invite current students to tackle real world problems in the sports-tech industry and pitch their ideas to current MLB.com employees who are also Syracuse alumni.
Through this experience students:
- Apply their coursework to a real business issue
- Innovate solutions for one of the best website and online media companies in the world
- Develop their professional presentation capabilities
- Receive feedback from a distinguished panel of sports media and technology professionals
- Network with and showcase their talents to a prospective employer, current faculty, iSchool staff and other like-minded students
The It Girls Overnight Retreat, hostedby the iSchool and sponsored by a variety of industry partners, aims to engage, inspire, and celebrate young women and their potential in technology. Junior and senior high school women are invited for a weekend on the Syracuse University campus.
Through the program, It Girls:
- Meet barrier-breaking role models from the tech industry
- Connect with iSchool student mentors, faculty, and staff
- Engage in hands-on workshops
- Open their eyes to the endless possibilities of a career in technology.
- Develop a strong peer-to-peer network
Host iSchool students to inspire and engage with them at your location through programs including:
A full or half day opportunity to introduce students to the careers, culture, and industry of your organization—and share your own personal career experiences.
One to two night trips throughout the northeast, to immerse students in selected industries while exposing them to the opportunities and cultures unique to a variety of companies.
Past trip themes including retail, entertainment, government, and sports. Destinations have included: Buffalo, Boston, New York City, and Washington D.C.
Spring Break in Silicon Valley (SBinSV), EntreTech NYC, EuroTech, and AsiaTech are one to two week-long programs where students are engrossed in the cultures, industries, and curriculum they are studying.