The Syracuse University School of Information Studies and the University of Virginia's School of Continuing & Professional Studies have an agreement which applies to students awarded UVA’s Certificate in Cybersecurity Management (formerly known as the Certificate in Information Security Management, or CISM) on or after January 1, 2012.
Students who completed the Certificate in Cybersecurity Management prior to this date will be evaluated on a case by case basis for transfer credit.
- Applicants must meet criteria and follow Syracuse University admission policies and procedures.
- Syracuse University will not accept transfer of any graduate course credits earned with a grade below “B”.
- No more than fifteen (15) credit hours of graduate course work earned at UVA may be applied to the Syracuse University iSchool’s Information Management (IM) or Information Management for Executive-Status Students graduate degree programs.
- The initial mapping of these courses was completed in January 2013 through a careful review of syllabi. As courses change, both UVA and Syracuse University will resubmit any updated syllabi or coursework mapping to each institution.
- The M.S. program at the Syracuse University iSchool should be completed within seven years of the start of UVA program.