Nanhi Kali is a project of the Mahindra Foundation of India, supporting education for underprivileged girls. Recognizing that the education of women and girls is beneficial to all societies worldwide, a group of Syracuse University students run the Nanhi Kali Syracuse University chapter.
The Hindi name, Nanhi Kali (NAHN-hee Kah-LEE) means “little flower bud”. Nanhi Kali raises funds to sponsor uniforms, school supplies and tuition costs for girls in India who are otherwise unable to attend elementary or middle school on their own.
Hosting fundraising events like “Diwali Night” and “Cuse Cup”, the group also encourages interaction among students and increases awareness of the cause. During the past year, the SU student group has sponsored education for 51 girls, a number that has steadily grown since the group initially formed and sponsored its first three “Nanhi Kalis” in early 2010.
For more information, contact one of the Student e-Board Members.
2019-2020 Student e-Board
- President: Madhu Chheda, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Dhwanil Parikh, email@example.com
- Treasurer- Sneha Binani, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Team - Shradha Dubey, email@example.com and Chaitanya Chaphalkar, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing Team - Aditya Ganesh, email@example.com and Aishwarya Soundararajan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Engagement - Ami Doshi, email@example.com