The mission of the Syracuse University Library and Information Science Student Association (LISSA) is to create a vibrant professional and social environment for distance and on-campus students.
LISSA follows, shares, and discusses current trends and conversations happening in the field, and we work to provide ample opportunities for learning, observing, and practicing librarianship.
LISSA also encourages building key professional skills for librarians, such as: advocacy, fostering diversity, community building and outreach, programming, instruction, fundraising, conference participation, networking, and professional development.
LISSA also doubles as the student chapters of the following library associations:
- ALA (American Library Association)
- SLA (Special Libraries Association)
- NYLA (New York Library Association)
For more information, please contact a member of the Student Leadership Team listed below.
Student Leadership Team
- Brianna Jackson, President - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maria Shellman, Vice President - email@example.com
- Pauline Schwartzman, Secretary/Treasurer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Allison Keough, Communications/Marketing - email@example.com
- Samantha Mairson, Online Student Liaison - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charlotte Price, Outreach Coordinator - email@example.com