The Master of Science in Information Management for Executives at the Syracuse University School of Information Studies (iSchool) is a 30-credit degree program that offers the our MS in Information Management degree at a reduced course load to students with six or more years of appropriate full-time, professional experience in the information management field.
The iSchool’s Information Management for Executives program offers:
- Flexibility. Earn the degree completely online, take classes on campus, or combine the two to perfectly fit your schedule.
- Quality. Take classes from the same accomplished faculty who teach in our 42-credit Master's in Information Management program.
- Individuality. Tailor your coursework to fill knowledge gaps, or deepen your existing knowledge to develop a specialty.
- Marketability. Add a degree from the No. 1 ranked school in information systems to your resume.
Available On-campus | Online | Full-time | Part-time
To be eligible for the executive program, applicants must be strong candidates for leadership roles in the Information Management field, as demonstrated by at least six years of relevant experience and a record of continuingly increasing job responsibilities.
Courses & Curriculum
Overview (30 total credits)
- 9 credits of primary core courses
- 9 credits of secondary core courses
- 9 credits of elective course
- 3-credit exit requirement (capstone course)
Online and On Campus
The Information Management for Executives program is offered online, on-campus, full-time, and part-time, or any mixture thereof.
Online Information Management for Executives students are exempt from the summer residency requirement. You may, however, still attend the summer residency if you wish to complete courses during that time.
Learn more about the Residency for Online Students
Optional for Executive IM students
Admissions requirements can be found on our application checklist.
The major components of the application are: the online application, academic transcripts, personal statement, two letters of recommendation, exam scores, resume or CV, and the $75 non-refundable application fee.
Information Management for Executives candidates may apply year-round for enrollment starting in any term (summer, fall, and spring).
Specific application deadlines can be found on our Admissions page.
You can apply to the Information Management for executives program through our online application.