The Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in Cultural Heritage Preservation at the Syracuse University School of Information Studies (iSchool) is a 15-credit graduate-level certificate that can be taken as a stand-alone certificate or as part of a graduate degree program.
The Cultural Heritage Preservation certificate program provides you with an interdisciplinary grounding in the preservation of cultural heritage.
Focus areas include:
- Application of digital approaches to heritage preservation
- Basics of historic site preservation
- Management and interpretation of cultural resources
- Collection, preservation, and curation of archaeological artifacts, archival materials, ethnographic data, and museum collections
Available On-campus only | Full-time | Part-time
Courses & Curriculum
Overview (15 total credits)
- 6 credits required courses
- 6–9 credits elective courses
- 3–6 credit internship
- Summation requirement
Offered On Campus
The CAS in Cultural Heritage Preservation is only available on campus in full-time or part-time formats. It is not offered in an online format.